As of now, I desire to teach Kindergarten. I believe that the fine arts are just as important than Math and Science. I believe Fine Arts teaches a child communication, self-esteem, diversity, expression and self-awareness. I believe that although the state is decreasing the funding for fine arts, a teacher can incorporate it into their lessons involving math, science, and language arts. That is why my focus standard is Kindergarten Fine Arts, listed below.
K.4 The student will respond to music with movement.
1. Match movement to rhythmic patterns.
2. Employ large body movement.
3. Employ locomotor and non-locomotor movements.
4. Use movement to enhance music, stories, and poems.
5. Perform dances and games from various cultures.
6. Use the body to illustrate moods and contrasts in music
Although, I don’t plan on teaching music, I would still love to infuse music with my daily lessons. Through this standard, I would love to form a lesson plan that will involve daily curriculum from other standards (math, science, etc). If the child is having fun, they will not realize how much they are learning. It is important for the child to be a kid while learning their own responsibilities. By doing more research of these standards, I will hopefully provide a framework of what works by the end of this semester.